Are you interested in the emerging drone industry? Do you want to take your photography skills to the next level? Do you feel a calling to honor our nation’s fallen heroes by challenging yourself and serving your community?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, then consider applying for this incredible training opportunity to get your FAA Remote Pilot Certification so you can fly drones and use them for service-based photography and story-telling.
The Wings for Val Foundation has partnered with the national leader in drone training and consultation, DARTdrones, and Images for Good to provide two scholarships for females interested in becoming certified drone pilots. We are looking to empower emerging servant leaders with new skills to grow their impact in the community.
The scholarships are worth ~$5,000 and include:
- DARTdrones Drone Entrepreneur Training Package ($2,000)
- Full day of in-person Part 107 Test Prep training
- Full day of hands-on flight training with a professional manned and unmanned pilot
- Six month access to online Part 107 Test Prep course
- Six month access to 14 new safety micro courses
- Access to a DARTdrones Night Operations course
- A drone with 4K camera [~$1,500)] upon FAA certification
- Photography Mentoring and Service opportunities with Images for Good and other mentors ($1,500)
- Be female and over the age of 16, living in the greater Baltimore-Washington area.
- Demonstrate a commitment to serving their community and/or mentoring the next generation
- Begin the program within three months of scholarship award
- Support service-based events upon receiving the drone certification
To Apply, submit your answers to the following questions via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- What interests you about drones and drone photography?
- Do you have a particular fallen service member(s) you would like to honor who inspires you? Please describe.
- What kind of community service have you been involved in, and how would you use this scholarship to serve your community even more?
The deadline for applying is March 20, 2018. Awards will be announced on March 22, 2018 at the Women In Aviation International conference in Reno, NV and on our Facebook page.
Click to view the full press release from DARTdrones.
Pat Cappelaere email@example.com – http://www.wingsforval.org
Kevin Krisko firstname.lastname@example.org – http://www.imagesforgood.org
Alysha Marzani email@example.com – http://www.dartdrones.com